Here at Creative Passions, we not only enjoy making things, but we also enjoy giving back. Over the years we have combined these two passions and have been donating items to those in need. We also have many generous guests and friends who have graciously donated fabric and yarn, as well as sewn items to be donated. We would like to let you know what we make and what is needed.
The Creative Passions Team works throughout the year to make items for:
- Chesaning Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - Pillow cases are donated to patients several times a year for Mother's Day, Father's Day and Christmas. The center graciously has allowed us to use their extra lot for parking at CP2 at no cost.
- Mott Children's Hospital - Pillow cases are donated to patients.
- Mastectomy Patients at Local Hospitals - Heart-shaped pillows are donated for patients to use during their recovery.
- Neonatal ICU - Baby hats are knitted and donated to NICU babies.
- Foster Care Children and Homeless in Detroit Area - Scarves are knitted and donated.
Throughout the year we accept donations to make these items. Donations are needed as follows:
- 100% cotton fabrics for heart pillows
- Fabric in children's prints for pillow cases
- Fabrics in holiday prints and a variety of prints that can be used for pillow cases for both male and female patients
- Thin cotton and acrylic yarn that is used for baby hats
- Heavier yarn for scarves
Donations are accepted at Creative Passions Retreat Center, 710 W. Broad St., Chesaning, MI 48616. Donations can be left outside of the front door with a note letting us know what they are for. You can also call us at 989-845-2159 if you have any questions. Thank you for your support of these groups that are near and dear to our hearts.
If you are interested in donating quilts to other organizations but don't know where to go, HERE is a helpful article from Martingale.